CAT #: COVID-19-6-TK
COVID-19 (6) Test Kit
This is a (6) sample, Testing Service. Six Collection Devices are included in the cost of this Testing Service and will be shipped to the customer upon ordering of the Testing Service for use in sample collection.
- 6 swabs suitable for nasopharyngeal or oropharyngeal collection
- 6 tubes of universal transport media
- 6 boxes for return shipment
COVID-19 testing is performed with real-time reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) to detect nucleic acid from SARS-CoV-2.
Results are for the presence of SARS-CoV-2 RNA.
- Indications for Testing:
- At presentation of acute symptoms of COVID-19
- Turnaround Time:1-2 business days
- CPT Codes:
- Specimen Requirements:
- Provided Nasopharyngeal swab* (NP) or Oropharyngeal swab (OP)
- (6) each of Universal Transport Swabs will be sent to the customer for collecting samples for this test.
- Swab must be returned in provided, universal transport medium (UTM) tube.
(minimum of 1 mL)
- Specimen Storage Conditions:
2-8°C, up to 72 hours after collection or -70°C or below for longer storage
- Specimen Shipping Conditions:
If delivery expected within 72 hours of collection: keep specimen at 2-8°C, and ship overnight on cool pack.
If specimen is frozen* or delivery is delayed, freeze specimen and ship overnight on dry ice.
*If frozen, do not allow to thaw.
- Locations Where Test is Performed:
LabPMM, LLC (USA)
For indications for testing please reference the CDC site as it is frequently changing.